Very high air release and intake during operation infinitely from 0 – 250 PSI (0 – 17.2 Bar)
Maximum Air Release Capacity: 3,400 US Gallons per minute (770 m³/h)
Virtually spill proof
Vacuum breaking function
Connections: 3” Flange or 2” FNPT Thread
All corrosion resistant materials, Automatic Air Release Valve is certified acc. to NSF/ANSI 61 & 372
- Large outlet cross section for maximum air release and intake capacity during pipeline filling or draining; opening size: 2”. Air release cross section for reliable air release during operation; opening size: 1”
- Automatic Air Release Valve is removable under pressure. It can be replaced by Water Tapping Set, Model 9922 (additional accessory).
- All maintenance and repair work for this air valve set can be done from the surface, avoiding all the dangers related to manhole access. Eliminate confined space entry, acc. to OSHA regulations.
Due to the automatic shut-off function, the air valve set can be easily installed and dismantled under pressure for maintenance purposes (maintenance once per year is required).
- Drain off the accumulated rainwater by proper backfilling from the pipeline to the hood. The drainage backfilling is also necessary for removing splash water drained off through the drain-off fitting (1/2” push-fit fitting).
- For installation in ground water applications, additional measures are required (e.g., closing the drain-off fitting).
Flood protection: - For installation in areas where floods have to be expected, the installation of an additional flood protection device can prevent flood water from flowing back into the air valve set and subsequently into the potable water system. For detail see model 992FP (order separately).